I always love a good popcorn and chocolate mixture. I mean hello, we are Popcorn AND Chocolate. Although, I have to admit these days we have been heavy on the pop front with less choc. But, have no fear, we are fixing that right now by giving you this delicious chocolatey recipe perfect for the holidays! We give you white chocolate peppermint popcorn bark. Say that 3 times fast… and then go make this delicious bark and eat it 3 times fast. No, actually, bad advice, please do not eat this super fast. We want you to savor it and enjoy it. Plus, we don’t want any liability issues with chocking hazards.Okay now that we have established you are going to savor this recipe, we should probably tell you what is in it. Well, you have all your main snacking options (popcorn and chocolate) and to give it a fun festive flair we added some big ol’ chunks of candy canes.This white chocolate peppermint popcorn bark is full of flavor. The smooth white chocolate melts in your mouth while the popcorn and peppermint add a nice crunch that makes you go back for more and more and more. Plus, look how festive and pretty it is! Plus, plus, it is super easy to make. So go make some right now!No seriously, what are you waiting for? Oh yeah, you probably need the recipe first.Ingredients:
- White chocolate bar
- 1 candy cane
- A big handful of popcorn
- Put some parchment paper onto a baking sheet or a flat surface you can transfer to the freezer.
- Melt your chocolate – you can either do this in the microwave or using a double broiler. We stuck to the easy microwave method.
- Once all your chocolate is melted pour it onto the parchment paper. Use a spoon to make it into one even layer.
- Smash the candy cane in a plastic bag so you get candy cane crumbles.
- Sprinkle the candy cane crumbles onto the chocolate layer. Break apart your popcorn and then add that on top.
- Stick your bark into the fridge or freezer for 20-30 minutes to harden. Once hardened, you can either eat it all then or store in an airtight container.
This holiday bark is so festive and easy to make you have no excuse not to whip some up right now!