Valentine’s/Galentine’s Day is coming right up! If you are still in need of a simple gift or a cute decoration keep reading to find out how to make these XO glittery wine stoppers!I feel like this year is just flying by… I say that every year, but how is it almost Valentine’s day already? I was happily celebrating my birthday last weekend in Portland, ME with Rose and I blinked and this week is already over! To be completely honest I’m not someone that really looks forward to the big v-day. Even when I was dating someone I never was super thrilled about the holiday. Don’t get me wrong, I love love love all the pink and hearts that are everywhere, just the actual day is a little cringe-worthy. I much rather celebrate by throwing a big Galentine’s day party with friends and eat sweets and drink wine and make some crafts, but tbh, I would always rather being doing that. These glittery XO wine stoppers would be the perfect decoration to add to your bar cart at your Galentine’s day party. Orrrr you could make the X’s and O’s ahead of time and let everyone decorate their own! Sometimes I think I’m a party planner. But doesn’t that sound like a fun party?? Drink some wine, craft, eat some popcorn and chocolate. Seems perfect to me.
- Silicone letter tray
- Plaster of Paris
- Mod Podge
- Paint brush
- Wine cork (I just used them from wine bottles we had to save some $)
- Hot glue
- Optional: paint
Instructions for XO wine stoppers:
- Make your plaster by following the instructions on the bottle and then pour it into your silicone tray in the X and the O. Let dry for the allotted time it says on your Plaster of Paris (about an hour).
- Once the X and O have dried, pull out of the tray and if you want to paint yours this would be the time to do so. As you can see I painted one set pink and left the other plain. Let dry.
- Take your paint brush and dip it into the mod podge then paint on the glue in the areas that you want glitter to be. I sort of did a dip-dyed look with mine.
- Pour the glitter onto your letters. Let dry
- Taking a hot glue gun, glue your letter onto a wine cork.
- Open a bottle of wine and stick your new cork in!
Let us know in the comments below what you are doing for Valentine’s day – even if that is just sitting on the coach and watching Netflix all day (we won’t judge)! Be sure to comment/like/subscribe if you enjoyed this post and feel free to pin it for later if you want to!