Learn how to make this fun (and super easy!) monstera leaf backpack so you can stand out at school. I can’t believe that I am already typing up back to school posts. Where has the summer gone? It feels like just yesterday that I was posting about pineapples and beach towels and now it’s time to dust off those notebooks and update our backpacks with a fun new design like a monstera leaf pattern.
The best part about going back to school is getting new school supplies. Though backpacks can be a bit expensive and quite generic looking, that’s why I wanted to share with you all a simple upgrade to a plain bag. Keep on reading to find out how to make this monstera leaf backpack!
- Plain backpack
- Acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- Monstera leaf stencil
How to make a monstera leaf backpack:
- Start by making a stencil so you can easily paint on your leaves. I did this by drawing out a monstera leaf on plain, thick, paper. Then I carefully cut out the leaf. You can also make the stencil by copying an image from online.
- Once you have your stencil, take a pencil and trace around it directly onto your backpack. Do this several times in different areas to cover your backpack.
- Taking some green paint and a paint brush start to paint in the leaf. I first began by going around the edges of the leaf and then filling in the center of it. I used a pretty small paint brush to do this.
- Continue to paint in all of your leaves.
- Let the paint dry completely before you use your backpack
Time to throw your books into your new backpack and get your butt to school! If you want some more back to school DIY’s be sure to check out our Pinterest and while you are there pin this image!
2 thoughts on “Monstera Leaf Backpack for Back to School”