Valentine’s day is right around the corner and if you are stuck as to what to get your friend/S.O./mom we’ve got the perfect DIY for you! These heart eye emoji Valentines are simple to make and even more fun to give away. Plus, using shrinky dinks totally takes you back to your 90’s – crimped hair and slap bracelets not included.
We’ve included a free printable Valentine to go along with the heart eye emoji pin. So now all you have to do (besides make the pins) is decide who you have heart eyes for! Olive, I’m looking at you.
- Shrinky dinks
- Oven or Heat Embossing Tool
- Pins with clutch backs
- White paper
- Mod Podge
- Hot glue
- Free Printable
- Trace or free hand a heart eye emoji onto your shrinky dinks using a yellow sharpie. For size reference mine was about 3.5 in diameter. Once you have traced the emoji, color it in using red, yellow, and grey sharpie.
- Cut out the emoji.
- To shrink the shrinky dinks you can either follow the instructions on the package (in the oven at 325°F for 2-3 minutes; make sure to place them on parchment paper) or you can use a heat embossing tool for about 1-2 minutes. Again, make sure to put them on parchment paper so they don’t stick to your surface. The shrinky dinks will shrivel up and then begin to flatten out – once they are flat again they are done.
- Taking some plain white paper, trace the size of the emoji on it and cut it out. Glue this to the back of the emoji using Mod Podge. This is so you won’t see the pin back through the pin.
- Using a hot glue gun, glue on the pin & back to the white paper.
- Print out our free printable and stick the heart eye emoji in the middle of it.
Now you have a cute, homemade Valentine to give away to your loved one! Be sure to check out our Pinterest board for more Valentine’s day DIYs!
Download the free printable Valentine card to go with your emoji pin by clicking here