Celebrate Halloween in style with these fun and festive Sculpey drink stirrers. Halloween is right around the corner people! If you are planning on drinking or serving drinks at your Halloween party have no fear because you still have time to make these silly and simple drink stirrers.
We are all about the easy and inexpensive crafts over here on Popcorn & Chocolate. So we’ve got all you last minute Halloweeners covered. If you are in the 21+ category, you can read on to learn how to make these halloween themed drink stirrers, and if you are not 21, maybe keep it to mocktails this year. For some fun for all ages, check out our Halloween bunting flags we made last year. Better yet, grab your friends invite them over to have a few spooky cocktails with these drink stirrers while you all make some bunting flags! That sounds like my kind of party 😉
In reality I’ll be home handing out candy to children hoping they don’t trip over the 10 pumpkins we all carved. We go a little pumpkin carving crazy over here. This year was no exception. Rose came over to my house and we carved 3 pumpkins each and then I kept on carving more when she left… between my mom, Rose, and I, we’ve got a total of 10 pumpkins. I think that’s some sort of record for us.
Better celebrate with a nice stiff drink! Speaking of drinks – are you ready to learn how to make these sculpted drink stirrers yet?? Keep reading to find out how to make these and for a list of some spooky halloween cocktails to stir up with your new drink stirrers!
1.Start with a small chunk (about the size of a quarter) of whatever color Sculpey you want – I’ll be showing you the jack-o-lantern so I started with orange Sculpey.
2. Roll the Sculpey into a ball.
3. Taking the drink stirrer press it firmly into the Sculpey ball and twirl it around a little bit to loosen out the hole. Take the drink stirrer out.
4. Take some black Sculpey and roll out a thin piece to make the eyes and mouth. I used a tiny knife to cut small triangles for the eyes and a toothy mouth shape. Press these firmly onto the orange Sculpey ball.
5. Bake the Sculpey according to your package instructions (I believe it is usually 275°F per 1/4 inch thickness – since the ball was pretty thick this took about 30-40 minutes). Let cool.
6. Once the Sculpey is baked and cooled, take your hot glue gun and dab a bit of glue onto the tip of the drink stirrer and then put the Sculpey ball where you just dabbed. For some of them, we didn’t make our hole big enough so we had to use the flat end of the drink stirrer instead of the rounded ball end, which is fine, but it looks better the other way around. DO NOT FORCE the Sculpey onto the drink stirrer if it does not fit – it will break (my broken bone can attest to that).
7. Pop in your cocktail and stir away!
That’s another simple and easy (and fun!) Halloween craft for all you last minute decorators. We got you covered.
And here are some of our favorite halloween themed cocktails that you can put your new drink stirrer in!
- Hallowine Sangria from The Seasoned Mom
- Monster Mash from Freut Cake
- Hocus Pocus from The Foodie Affair
- Ginger Bourbon Cider from Hungry Girl por Vida
- Dirt Cup Vodka from CGM Foodie Fridays
We hope you all have a wonderful and safe Halloween! Let us know in the comments below what you are doing this Halloween!
You can always just pin it for next year too 😉