We are back with yet another delicious dessert recipe for you.This one involves one of our (or Haley’s) favorite ingredient.. peanut butter! Lots and lots of peanut butter. These cookies are soft and gooey and they just melt in your mouth, plus they are made using healthy ingredients. We followed Making Thyme for Health‘s recipe for Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies.
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup peanut butter – or any nut butter you prefer
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips + a little extra for good measure 😉
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Measure out and mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl (flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt).
3. Measure out and mix all the wet ingredients into a separate, slightly bigger bowl (peanut butter, vanilla extract, honey, applesauce, oil).
4. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix together until a uniform dough is formed.
5. Add the chocolate chips to the mixture.
6. Roll dough into tablespoon sized balls and place on a parchment paper on top of a baking sheet.
7. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the bottom of the cookie is golden brown. The cookies will feel fluffy to the touch.
8. Let cool and enjoy with your favorite nighttime beverage!
We hope you try and make these cookies, they are truly delicious! We are currently snacking on some with a glass of wine and a good movie!