I’m all about this DIY donut towel. As you know, I’m a little donut crazy, but as you might not know, I’m a bit of a health nut too. You’re probably going to hate me for saying this but, I like to eat vegetables.That isn’t to say I don’t indulge in a donut or two every once in a while (let’s be honest, it would probably be weekly if I lived by Voodoo Doughnuts). I’ve found that it is all about balance. Fill your body with good for you foods and then enjoy that treat. Or, better yet, find a healthy version of the “junk” food. Like this delicious looking Vegan Chocolate Donut I found on Positive Health Wellness. I love scrolling through body wellness websites, such as Positive Health Wellness as they are well informed and are chock full of recipe ideas, workout tips, nutrition information and so much more. If you’re into wellness or healthy donuts then you should go check them out! Now, onto my version of a healthy donut 😉
- Two plain brown towels
- Two plain pink towels
- Two smaller hand towels in various colors
How to make this donut towel:
- Start by laying out the two brown towels side by side. Sew them together down the middle by using a simple running stitch.
- Cut the brown towels into a circle, making sure to avoid the area that you just stitched.
- For the pink towels, I laid them out on top of the brown to see how much of one towel would fit for the frosting. Overlap the second towel with the first to fill in the rest of the donut. Then I took my scissors and cut the 3 of the sides into a wave pattern. Do this with both towels, making sure to trim any excess off the second towel.
- Sew the two pink towels together at the seam.
- Taking your smaller hand towels, cut out little rectangles to serve as sprinkles. I think I did about 8 in each color.
- Sew each of the sprinkles onto the pink towel. I just put one stitch in to speed up the process but you might want to do a couple to make sure it is secure.
- Once all your sprinkles are sewn on, sew the pink frosting onto the brown donut.
- Take the beach and lay out in the sun!