You better believe I will be rocking this star bandana for the 4th of July this year! I’m not one to go too crazy on the 4th of July but I do like to wear a little something that shows my spirit. This bandana is perfect because it has stars on it, it has a splash of red or blue (or both!), and you can wear it anywhere – in your hair, around your neck, tied to a bag. I like that versatility.I’ve kind of had a moment with bandanas lately. They are super fun to diy, you should really give it a try sometime! You can start here with this easy star bandana for the 4th of July!
- Plain white bandana
- Ink in red or blue
- Star stamp
- Optional: glitter, embossing pen, embossing heat gun
How to make a star bandana:
- Take your star stamp and press it firmly into your ink pad.
- Stamp the star onto your white bandana.
- Repeat this process until your whole bandana is covered.
- Optional: If you want to emboss a few stars so that they have glitter on them, here is what you will do.
- Go over the star with the embossing pen.
- Gently pour some glitter on top of that star.
- Shake off any excess glitter.
- Take your embossing heat tool and GENTLY go over the star, making sure you don’t hold it in one spot for too long. This will cause the fabric to burn. You will see your star turn from the color of the glitter to a bright, almost plasticy texture. This is when you know you are finished. Note: I read that using cotton fabric works a lot better for this so if you are planning on embossing I would highly suggest buying 100% cotton bandanas.
Happy 4th of July everyone! I hope you all have a fun and festive holiday! We are currently in Seattle (!!!!) and if you want to see what we are up to make sure to watch our Instagram stories. Chow for now!