Show your mom you love her this Mother’s day by getting a tattoo… or make this DIY felt mom heart patch instead! Personally, I like the less permanent and less painful version more. Keep reading to find out how you can make this non-painful mom heart “tattoo” patch
This felt patch is very simple to make and it looks great ironed onto your favorite jacket or cardigan. You could even make it into a pin instead of a patch if you want to wear it on everything. Your mom will sure love it when you wear it out on Mother’s day!
- Felt in pink (or red) and white
- Black embroidery thread
- Washable embroidery pen
- Iron-on adhesive
- Start by drawing or printing out a stencil of what you want your patch to look like.
- Cut out the pink heart and the white band using your stencil.
- On the white band write out how you want mom to look using a washable embroidery pen.
- Line up your white band how you want it on your pink heart.
- Thread your needle with black embroidery thread and start embroidering the letters. I just used a running stitch and for the dots I did french knots: click here for a full tutorial on both.
- Once you are done embroidering you can wash off the pen by just running it under water. Let dry completely before the next step.
- Taking your iron-on adhesive, cut out a heart shape that matches the size of your patch and, following the instructions of your iron-on adhesive, iron it to the back of your patch.
- Iron the patch to your favorite jacket or cardigan or bag and show your mom!
Show your mom how much you love her by creating this DIY felt mom heart patch, it’s almost as badass as getting the full-blown tattoo. Less painful too, unless you accidentally stab yourself with your needle (guilty).
Be sure to check out our Mother’s Day board on Pinterest to find more awesome DIY ideas for the big day!
3 thoughts on “Felt Mom Heart Patches”
Nice & easy!
Just how I like it!