These candy heart plant pots are the perfect gift to give away to your friends or coworkers on Valentine’s day. They are very quick and cheap to make so you could easily make a bunch to give away – or just make some for yourself to decorate your home with! Keep reading below to learn how to make these candy heart planters.
Before I teach you how to make these candy heart planters I have a confession to make. I’m kind of freaked out by candy hearts. When I was in 4th grade around Valentine’s Day I was eating a bunch of these candy hearts, as kids do, and shortly after I was sent home sick with the flu. In my kid head I thought the candy hearts were what made me sick. Ever since then I’ve had a huge food aversion to candy hearts. I haven’t eaten them since 4th grade (and probably never will). I was traumatized. Though I refuse to eat candy hearts that doesn’t mean I won’t craft with them! I love the bright colors and the cute messages they have… just not so much the taste. They are certainly abundant in January and February so it’s kind of hard to avoid them, so my as well embrace them as I did here.
If you do love candy hearts then this DIY is perfect for you! Quick and easy to make so you can give them away as Valentine’s Day gifts this year. Here’s what you will need:
- Terra Cotta pot (or pots)
- White paint
- Paint brush
- Mod Podge
- Candy hearts picture – I just googled this and chose one I liked
- Paint your terra cotta pot white. Mine took 2 coats – make sure you let it fully dry before you put a second coat on.
- Cut out individual candy hearts – as many as you want to cover your pot.
- Using mod podge, glue on the cut out candy hearts on various places on your pot. If you like a lot of candy hearts then glue on a lot but if you like a more minimal look, like mine, just do a couple on each side.
- Let dry and stick a succulent in it!
See wasn’t that easy?? We gotcha girl – easy peasy gift ideas for your Valentine’s day! Let us know in the comments below any weird food aversions you have.
Don’t forget to pin this DIY to your Valentine’s Day board 😉
9 thoughts on “Candy Heart Plant Pots for Valentine’s Day”
Such a great idea! They turned out so pretty 😊
Thank you! 🙂
These are adorable!
These are such a cute gift idea! I have this project featured on a Valentine’s Day roundup post on my blog 🙂
Thank you! And thank you for featuring us! 🙂
These are so cute! I love your blog. Lots of creative and cool ideas! Can’t wait to read more.
Thank you so much! 🙂