It was 5 ° out when I took pictures of these candy cane lawn flamingos. I had to wrap up in my scarf and hat and throw on my gloves between pictures. It was quite the sight, but I got it done and got to go inside to a hot cup of tea.
I always wonder what it would be like to celebrate Christmas in warmer weather. I love the winter and I love snow but I’m forever curious what Christmas in California feels like or Florida or anywhere that isn’t currently blanketed in snow at the moment.
This DIY was definitely inspired by a warmer climate, but these candy cane lawn flamingos look great stuck in a pile of snow as well. They are simple to make and add a bright, whimsical touch to your front lawn to welcome any guests you have coming this holiday.
I love candy canes and I love flamingos so why not combine the two?? I would just suggest not to eat these guys. The instructions on how to make these candy cane flamingos can be found below.
Materials for the Flamingos:
- White and red spray paint
- Plastic lawn flamingos
- Blue painters tape
How to make candy cane lawn flamingos:
- Start by taping off the beak, eyes, and first half of the legs with blue painters tape.
- Spray paint the body of the lawn flamingo white. This took a couple of coats for me – I don’t know if this was due to the extreme cold or it was just the spray paint I used. Let dry completely up to 24 hours.
- Take your blue painters tape and tape off stripes on the body of the flamingo.
- Spray paint the flamingo red. Let dry completely.
- Take off painters tape and stick your flamingo in your lawn!
What a fun and unique decoration to add to your front lawn for Christmas! Let us know in the comments below how you have decorated for Christmas this year!
And if we don’t stop by again before the holidays – we wish you all a wonderful Christmas and a happy Hanukkah!