This Christmas lights gift wrap is so festive and fun and it is perfect to make for any of your Stranger Things obsessed friends. Keep reading below to find out how to make this Christmas lights gift wrap!
When Stranger Things first came out and everyone was raving about it I convinced myself I would not like it. I mean sci-fi isn’t quite my forte. But, I just couldn’t resist all the hype and I am so glad that I got sucked in because Oh.My.God. That show was ahhmazing. The actors/actresses, the costumes, the 80’s vibes… everything – so good.
Once Halloween rolled around there were so many costumes popping up inspired by Stranger Things. My favorite by far was this pair. But, as it is near Christmas and not Halloween, we’ve taken this inspiration into some gift wrap that you can easily DIY onto any present you are giving this holiday season. All you need to make this gift wrap is some colored paper, string, and glue.
Make your holiday season strange this year with this Stranger Things inspired gift wrap.
- Colored paper
- Black string
- Mod Podge
- Paint brush
- Glue gun
- Black marker
- Start with a wrapped present. We used just plain brown craft paper because the wall was a yellowish/brown color but feel free to use any plain color you desire!
- Cut out small Christmas light bulbs from your colored paper.
- Cut out small black rectangles to top your bulbs.
- Using Mod Podge and a paint brush, glue on the bulbs and black tops to your present. Be careful not to glob a lot of glue on – just a little bit will do.
- Taking a black marker write out either who the present is for or a festive saying.
- Cut a piece of black string to the length you desire and then place it on your present above the bulbs. Lay out how you want the string to fall – we added some curlicues to ours by just twisting the string into a circle.
- Once you have your string placed where you want it, take your glue gun and put the tiniest of dots underneath various points of the string. We glued ours down at the beginning and end and then where it met the Christmas lights as well as any curlicues so they would stay in place.
Your friends and family will love receiving a gift wrapped up in Christmas lights reminiscent of the wall on Stranger Things. It is simple to make and a lot of fun to give out!
Let us know in the comments below if you watched Stranger Things and who your favorite character was! Make your holidays strange this year!