You guys it’s happening. Everything is turning up pumpkin spice. It is barely just the beginning of fall and I’ve already heard the infamous PSL muttered a thousand times. Personally, I ain’t a fan but hey, I get it. I get the need to put pumpkin spice and everything nice into everything once fall comes around. I mean have you read the title of this post… guilty as charged!
No, but for reals, it ain’t fall into you have your first delicious bite of pumpkin spice. For me it was this peanut butter that also has some real pumpkin and sea salt thrown in to give a perfectly delicious salty and sweet taste.
It isn’t really fall into you buy ALL the candles from Bath and Body Works either. Oops… sorry bank account. I can’t let fall pass without my whole apartment smelling like ‘autumn’ or ‘vanilla pumpkin cupcake’.
BUT I digress.. back to this pumpkiny pumpkin spice peanut butter. It is so perfect dolloped onto your morning bowl of oatmeal or enjoyed with a banana or apple as a snack. Or, let’s be real, just straight from the jar. So grab a spoon and dig in!
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 2 Tablespoons pumpkin
- 1.5 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Roast the peanuts at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through. You want the peanuts to be toasty brown but not burnt.
- Once the peanuts are cooled from the oven, put in the food processor and grind until smooth. This could take anywhere between 4 and 10 minutes. It depends on how smooth of a texture of peanut butter you want.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and grind until blended.
- Make sure to store your peanut butter in an air-tight container in the fridge and eat within a few weeks.
Just as a side note – this peanut butter is very adaptable to how you like your peanut butters – if you like more salt add more salt! If you want it more pumpkiny add more pumpkin! It’s totally up to you! I liked the peanuts to be the dominant flavor so I didn’t add as much as the other ingredients.
There you have it – a tasty fall treat to welcome fall with open arms (and mouths)! Ain’t nothing like some pumpkin spice and everything nice.
8 thoughts on “Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter”
Oh my, this combines two of my favorite things, pumpkin and peanut butter!
Great Autumn entry! Love the visuals!
I wouldn’t be able to stop eating this – which would be a huge problem considering I cannot eat peanuts. LOL
Oh no! You would have to try an almond version or a nut free version!
I can almost taste this from here… I bet it’d be amazing with some pumpkin seeds in it too!
Yum I bet it would! I’ll have to try that!
Mmmm this looks good! Pumpkin and peanut butter – my two favorite things!
Thank you!! I know peanut butter and pumpkin anything and I’m in!