We are back with another fall/halloween inspired recipe for you! This one features an ingredient that seems to be quite abundant once the first signs of fall hit: pumpkin spice. At the food store, I eyed a new Chobani seasonal flavor in you guessed it – pumpkin spice! This yogurt is very spicey on its own but put into these delicious cookies there is less of a strong taste to it.
These cookies were inspired by Yeah…Immaeatthat‘s healthier m&m cookies. We changed a few ingredients mostly based on the fact that we never seem to have eggs in our house. As a side note, why is it that when you buy eggs you never use them until they go bad, but when you decide to not buy any eggs you always need them? Or so that’s how it goes in our house. Instead of eggs we added more Greek yogurt and an extra dash of coconut oil. The added Greek yogurt definitely gave the cookies that unmistakable Greek yogurt taste, but it also made them more cakey as well. So if you don’t like the taste of Greek yogurt, then these cookies may not be for you. But, if you like pumpkin spice and m&m’s and everything nice then give these cookies a try!
We couldn’t resist buying these M&M’s when we first saw them at Target a few weeks ago. Since then we have been munching on them and adding them to our cookies. They are so delicious! I usually don’t like just plain M&M’s, but when they come out with any seasonal flavor, I gotta buy and try them all! Don’t even let me get started on the Easter carrot cake M&M’s… we’ll get there when easter comes around. We also bought, but haven’t opened, the candy corn flavor. I’m sure we will end up trying to feature those in a fun fall recipe as well.
So instead of using plain M&M’s like the original recipe called for, we just had to sneak these guys in there. I mean how can you resist? Double pumpkin spice M&M cookies – too good to be true! Plus they are healthy enough to not feel bad after eating a lot of them in one sitting. Which may or may not have happened… Yum!
Okay, enough rambling about pumpkin spice flavored things. Now onto the recipe.
- 1 & 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup pumpkin spice greek yogurt
- 2.5 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A splash of vanilla almond milk if the batter is dry and the ingredients won’t mix easily*
- 1/4 cup pumpkin spice M&M’s (or if you are like us, just pour as much as you want in!)
*this batter is a more dry batter, so don’t add too much milk, just a splash or two to get everything to mix together
1. Preheat the oven to 375 ºF. Also, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine all the dry ingredients (flour to baking powder) in a large bowl. Mix together evenly.
3. In a separate bowl, combine all the wet ingredients (greek yogurt to vanilla extract) and mix together.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until a big dough ball forms. You may need to add a splash of almond milk at this point if the mixture is too dry and not combining.
5. Add in the M&M’s and mix together!
6. Roll the dough into roughly tablespoon sized balls and place on the baking sheet with parchment paper. Bake for 7-10 minutes.
7. Enjoy with some ghoulish friends!