Oh yum you guys, these brownies are delicious, and dare I say healthy! Plus plus, they do not require any baking. So on hot August days like the weather has graced us with recently, you can still enjoy a yummy treat without making your apartment 20 degrees hotter. We followed Nosh and Nourish‘s recipe for No Bake Samoa Bars but changed a few ingredients to what we had in our kitchen. These could not have been simpler or more delicious. Haley hadn’t even had a date until a few weeks ago, you can’t even tell that they are mostly made out of dates. Yum!
Here is what you will need:
– 1.5 cups pitted dates
– 1 cup pecans
– 1/2 cup coconut flakes
– 1 cup cocoa powder
– 3 tablespoons coconut oil
– 3 tablespoons honey
– 3 tablespoons sugar
– Added goodies: toffee bits or chocolate chips, coconut milk whipped cream
1. In a food processor combine all the ingredients and blend until the mixture is even. Since we have a small food processor we blended the ingredients as we added them and then realized it wasn’t going to all fit in one batch and had to divide the mixture in half. If you have a 3 cup food processor, we’d recommend starting by adding half of all the ingredients, blending, and then doing the other half.2. Pour mixture into a 9×9 (or closest size you have) pan – since it doesn’t have to bake, the size doesn’t matter too much
3. Press in any added goodies like toffee bits or chocolate chips
4. Refrigerate for one hour
5. Enjoy with some coconut milk whipped cream and fresh fruit!
You have to try these brownies – they are too good to pass up! We are planning on making another batch with some almond butter mixed in next!
We swear this blog isn’t only food… we just like to cook..and eat! We are working on some other non-food content so just bare with us for now us we are learning the ropes.
One thought on “Date Brownies”
This is a wonderful blog. Love your instructions!!!